Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4 ~ Character Names




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers get together and list the top ten things related to that week's topic.

Hello and welcome back to Top ten Tuesday! I know I have been MIA for a while but things have been quite hectic myside. This weeks these is :

Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names
I find this a bit tough as there are beautiful names, 
and then there are beautiful characters which make you fall in love with their name...


Names I love: 

1. Lucian: It is a character in Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts but the first time I heard it was in the movie Underworld


2. Dimitri: I fell in love with this name in Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

3. Sebastian: From the Gardella Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason

4. Paige: has always been one of my favourite names from Charmed but also from The Howling Heart by April Bostic

5. Gabriel: I love this Angelic name, from The Archangel Jarahmael and the War to conquer heaven

6. Cam: from Fallen by Lauren Kate, this is a sexy bad-ass name in my opinion.. 



Unusual names:

7. Kratos: This is the name from the Playstation games, The God of War. 

8. Tempest: This was a strange name for a character for me from Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs

9. Azazel: This one was more from a movie called Fallen with Denzel Washington, but unusual none the less.

10. Glynis: This is one the most unusual names i have come across in a book from The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater



What are you favourite or most unusual names??

Love 
Chanzie 

20 comments:

  1. Love this post. I think it's great to come up with unusual names and I agree with you about Paige - although pretty much everything was fantastic about Charmed! Who'd have thought the writer of Savannah would take three girls and make them into witches! The witch in Dark Winter is called 'Toril'...and it's explained in the story how she got her name :) You have a GREAT blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John :) I loved the name Paige and Phoebe from Charmed! Charmed is one of my all time favourite series along with Vampire Diaries :) I will definitely be checking out Dark Winter as I love magical reads :) Thank you for stopping by John :)

      Delete
  2. Hi chanzie.. i feel exactly the same way as you just described.. wonderful character names and then wonderful characters that make you love them.. you said it perfectly. And i love the names you've chosen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Camille :) I am so glad to hear you agree..I loved your names too.. Magnus Bane, I so should have added that one :)

      Delete
  3. Dimitri ♥ I always liked the name Paige until I read Something Like Normal. I think she ruined the name for me. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! that really sucks.. Remedy is to read a read a good book with that character name to 'overwrite' the memory lol or watch Charmed :)

      Delete
  4. I also have to tell you that I spent an extra 2 minutes on your blog just so I could watch the stars fall from my mouse arrow. hahaha love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha that is awesome! it happens to me too :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Fallen (which I just recently watched in the last 6 months) such a good movie! It was so interesting how it played out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has Fallen by Lauren Kate been released?? How did I not know this.... If you thought book 1 was great.. the final book is just brilliant and has twists like you wouldn't believe :)

      Delete
  6. *le swoon* Dimitri will always be a name I cherish. I feel in love with him instantly! Great picks!

    Here is Our List
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he I loved him but I adored Adrian!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I like the name Dimitri, but I think I get that from a love of the kids film Anastasia that I watched obsessively as a kid! My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol we all have those films when we were kids ;)

      Delete
  8. One of my favorite series is The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C Wrede. The main character for the series is a princess named Cimorene. Although I wouldn't name my child Cimorene, I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is quite an unusual name! I've seen that series, I will go and check it out on Goodreads :)

      Delete
  9. I actually love the name Gabrielle for a girl, I almost put that on my top ten this week! Lol. Here's a link to mine :)
    Dee's Reads- My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my best friend's named her little girl Gabrielle :) It is such a beautiful name!

      Delete
  10. I love the names Lucian and Sebastian too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such strong names! Plus my favourite Formula 1 driver is also Sebastian Vettel *tee hee*

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.